Cheapest Coffee Pods Of 2023 – All Brands Compared
If you are looking for the cheapest way to consume coffee on a daily basis, then coffee pods would not be the most cost effective.
However, because they are so easy to use, tasty and come in a variety of different flavours, there are ways in which you can purchase and use them without putting a big dent in your bank account.
Our team of coffee experts have done their due diligence and research to find the cheapest coffee pods. Together, we have collected a lot of information to be able to share with you our findings and a list of the cheapest coffee pods.
One thing we do want to mention is that typically, with any product, the price can reflect the quality. Therefore, if you’re purchasing cheaper coffee pods, then this may lead to less desirable taste in comparison to the more reputable, possibly more expensive ones.
Nonetheless, we have done our best to find cheap coffee pods for you that are still packed full of flavour.
Top 5 Cheapest Coffee Pods UK
Now that you have seen the 10 cheapest coffee pods for your coffee pod machine, we want to go into more details about each individual one to share with you more about how they operate and why they would be a great choice.
CafePod Craft Coffee Nespresso Compatible Pods
CafePod Craft Coffee Nespresso Compatible Pods are a great option for those who want to enjoy the convenience of Nespresso pods without having to pay the premium price for Nespresso-branded pods. CafePod pods are made from recyclable aluminium and are compatible with all Nespresso Original machines. They are also Rainforest Alliance Certified, which means that the coffee beans used to make them were grown in a sustainable way.
CafePod offers a variety of different coffee pod flavours, including Espresso, Lungo, Decaf, and Flavoured. They also offer a variety of different pod packs, so you can choose the perfect pack for your needs. For example, if you’re just starting out with CafePod, you can try their Starter Kit, which includes a variety of different pod flavours. Or, if you’re a regular CafePod drinker, you can subscribe to their Coffee Club, which will deliver a regular supply of your favourite pods to your door.
Here are some of the pros and cons of CafePod Craft Coffee Nespresso Compatible Pods:
- Recyclable aluminium pods
- Compatible with all Nespresso Original machines
- Rainforest Alliance Certified
- Variety of different coffee pod flavours
- Variety of different pod packs available
- Coffee Club subscription option
- Some people find the pods to be a bit more expensive than other Nespresso compatible pods
- The coffee pods are not as widely available as Nespresso-branded pods
Overall, CafePod Craft Coffee Nespresso Compatible Pods are a great option for those who want to enjoy the convenience of Nespresso pods without having to pay the premium price for Nespresso-branded pods. They offer a variety of different coffee pod flavours, are compatible with all Nespresso Original machines, and are made from recyclable aluminium. If you’re looking for a great-tasting, sustainable, and convenient way to enjoy Nespresso coffee, then CafePod Craft Coffee Nespresso Compatible Pods are a great option.
Nescafé Dolce Gusto Lungo Coffee Pods
Nescafé Dolce Gusto Lungo Coffee Pods are a great way to enjoy a long, smooth cup of coffee. They are made with a blend of Arabica and Robusta beans that are roasted to a medium-dark degree. This gives the coffee a rich, full-bodied flavor with a hint of sweetness. The pods are also designed to produce a thick, creamy crema.
Lungo coffee is a type of coffee that is made by extracting the coffee for a longer period of time than espresso. This results in a cup of coffee that is 120ml in size and has a lower acidity than espresso. Lungo coffee is often described as being smooth, mellow, and slightly sweet.
Nescafé Dolce Gusto Lungo Coffee Pods are compatible with all Nescafé Dolce Gusto machines. They are also available in a variety of different flavours, including Original, Decaf, and Caramel.
Here are some of the pros and cons of Nescafé Dolce Gusto Lungo Coffee Pods:
- Smooth, mellow flavour
- Rich, full-bodied
- Thick, creamy crema
- Compatible with all Nescafé Dolce Gusto machines
- Variety of different flavours available
- Some people find the coffee to be a bit too strong
- The pods can be a bit expensive
Overall, Nescafé Dolce Gusto Lungo Coffee Pods are a great option for those who want to enjoy a long, smooth cup of coffee. They are made with high-quality beans and are compatible with all Nescafé Dolce Gusto machines. If you are looking for a delicious and convenient way to make a cup of coffee, then Nescafé Dolce Gusto Lungo Coffee Pods are a great option.
A Modo Mio Espresso Passionale by Lavazza
Modo Mio Oro are Lavazza’s most affordable coffee pods, but they don’t skimp on quality. The blend of South and Central American coffees creates a rich, intense flavor that is rated 10 on Lavazza’s scale.
The flavor is best described as woody and nutty, with a slight bitterness that adds depth to the overall taste. If you like your coffee strong, these pods are a great option. They are also a good value for money.
One downside is that the pods are not biodegradable, unlike some of Lavazza’s other pods. However, this is a minor issue for most people.
Overall, A Modo Mio Oro are a great choice for coffee lovers who are looking for a strong, flavorful cup of coffee at a reasonable price.
Rosso Caffè Variety Pack
Rosso Caffè Variety Pack is a set of 120 coffee capsules compatible with Nespresso Original machines. The pack includes 6 different blends, each with its own unique flavour profile. The blends are:
- Gentleman: A round and full-bodied blend with a smooth, creamy texture. Intensity level 10.
- Maestro: A balanced and flavourful blend with a slight sweetness. Intensity level 8.
- Intelligente: A complex and aromatic blend with a hint of citrus. Intensity level 7.
- Ricco: A strong and intense blend with a bold, roasted flavour. Intensity level 9.
- Purismo: A delicate and smooth blend with a clean, crisp finish. Intensity level 6.
- Delicato: A mild and mellow blend with a sweet, nutty flavour. Intensity level 5.
The Rosso Caffè Variety Pack is a great way to try different coffee flavours and find your perfect match. The capsules are also made from recyclable aluminium, so you can feel good about enjoying a delicious cup of coffee while being environmentally friendly.
Here are some of the pros and cons of Rosso Caffè Variety Pack:
- Variety of different coffee flavours to choose from
- Made from recyclable aluminium
- Compatible with all Nespresso Original machines
- Good value for money
- Some people find the capsules to be a bit strong
- The coffee may not be to everyone’s taste
Overall, Rosso Caffè Variety Pack is a great option for coffee lovers who are looking for a variety of different flavours to try. The capsules are made from recyclable aluminium and are compatible with all Nespresso Original machines. If you’re looking for a delicious and convenient way to enjoy a cup of coffee, then Rosso Caffè Variety Pack is a great option.
Solimo Lungo Nespresso Compatible Coffee Capsules
The Solimo brand, backed by Amazon’s substantial financial resources, offers affordable coffee pods that are surprisingly decent.
These pods are compatible with Nespresso machines (excluding the Vertuo line), containing 100% Arabica coffee with a sweet and mild flavour. While it is a dark roast, its strength is rated as 3 out of 5.
Are they on par with the taste of original Nespresso pods? Definitely not. However, they are a suitable choice for casual coffee drinkers. The flavour may not be extraordinary, but they are still enjoyable and seamlessly compatible with Nespresso machines.
- Perfect compatibility with Nespresso machines
- Most affordable coffee pods available
- Packaged in a protective atmosphere to maintain freshness
- Ideal for everyday coffee consumption
- Pods are made of plastic
Coffee Pod Varieties
- Nespresso pods are made by Nestlé and are the most popular type of coffee pod. They are compatible with Nespresso machines, which use pressure to extract the coffee. Nespresso pods come in a variety of flavours, including espresso, lungo, and decaf.
- K-Cups are made by Keurig and are also a popular type of coffee pod. They are compatible with Keurig machines, which use hot water to brew the coffee. K-Cups come in a variety of flavours, including coffee, tea, and hot chocolate.
- ESE pods are also known as Easy Serving Espresso pods and are compatible with a variety of espresso machines. They are made of filter paper and contain ground coffee. ESE pods are a good option for people who want to make espresso at home without having to buy a dedicated espresso machine.
- Dolce Gusto pods are made by Nestlé and are compatible with Dolce Gusto machines. These machines use pressurized water to extract the coffee and produce a variety of drinks, including espresso, cappuccino, and latte. Dolce Gusto pods come in a variety of flavours, including coffee, tea, and hot chocolate.
In addition to these main types of coffee pods, there are also a number of other brands and varieties available. When choosing coffee pods, it is important to consider the type of machine you have, the flavours you prefer, and your budget.